instead of saying “grace” at dinner would should all just say “beyonce”
one of the things the harry potter franchise did right:
not put the movie poster on the cover of the book(s)
So I flew internationally by myself today…
Which was a big deal for me because I was really anxious all day.
Things that were bad:
- American Airlines arrived late to MSP going to CHI which meant I missed my connection from CHI to Miami which meant I missed my Miami to Bogota connection which means it’s 2AM and I landed an hour ago when I should have landed at 9PM.
- on my MSP to CHI flight, the sweetest guy was next to me. We spent the entire flight talking about books and movies and we’re going to be tumblr bff’s. I just know it.
- Six of us were trying to get to the MIami connection so I ended up rebooking flights with a lovely Colombian couple, a Colombian college student, an Ecuadorian lady and a lady from Guatemala.
- on the plane, next to me was a (gorgeous) brazilian man and a lovely Venezuelan lady who was an anesthesiologist in Germany and lived there with her Polish boyfriend and two sons.
- She and I talked over the Brazilian, and every so often she would include him in the conversation by speaking to him in slow, mimed spanish and it was great because he would ask me translate.
I had forgotten the beauty of diversity, and multi-cultural interactions. I had also forgotten about the latin american/south american/latino habit of meeting someone and immediately embracing them into your life. I loved being able to start conversations with strangers and connect.
I miss the culture while I’m at Olaf. I feel very other, and being with my people reminded me of that.
Traveon, you’d appreciate this.